1. What is distance teaching?
Distance teaching refers to the courses conducted by teachers through internet, video channels and other media. More than one-half of the lecture hours of a single subject shall be conducted in distance teaching. Among them, the lecture hours of distance teaching include the hours of online course teaching, interactive discussions, quizzes, and other learning activities using. Teachers can use "non-synchronized" and "synchronized" methods to complete your distance teaching course. If you want to open distance teaching courses, you should provide relevant documents to CTLD.
2. Status of distance teaching promotion in Taiwan Tech
We promote distance teaching rewards to assist physical courses that are limited by time and place; especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, it also shows the flexibility and availability of the distance teaching. We have launched several programs that aim to strengthen teachers’ distance teaching ability
- Conduct training and establish consulting channels: We hold training to demonstrate a variety of systems/tools regularly; and provide employees to solve problems.
- Provide support and resources: We have synchronized distance teaching software (Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Webex), video equipment, EverCam screen recording software, Zuvio online interactive platform and other teaching tools. Teachers can apply to CTLD.
- Establish a distance teaching environment: The Multifunctional information desk of the traditional classroom is fully equipped with EverCam screen recording software, which is convenient for teachers to record digital teaching materials for courses.
- Formulate regulations: We ensures the teaching quality of teachers by formulating the censorship, and tracking the learning effects of students in order to make sure the effectiveness of distance teaching.
- Provide subsidies: Teachers can apply for the subsidies to produce digital teaching materials. In addition, We also provide teaching assists.
3. Application instructions for distance teaching rewards and subsidies
- Please refer to the "Related Measures" for the regulations on distance teaching rewards and subsidies for digital teaching materials.(only Chinese version currently)
- Please go to "Forms and Files" to download related application forms for distance teaching rewards and subsidies.(only Chinese version currently)
- For more information, please contact the organizer:Miss Chang Yu-Lin :Tel: 2730-1021, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org