- About Us
- Teaching Rewards
NTUST Teacher Community
Taiwan Tech has put an emphasis on teaching quality, and encouraged its faculty - including full-time, adjunct and part-time instructors - to make use of opportunities for professional development.
In 2015, Taiwan Tech started to roll out the "NTUST Teacher Professional Development Community Implementation Measures" which encourages faculty the opportunity to form their own professional growth communities to improve teaching skills, facilitate experience-sharing, and foster personal growth.
The program allows to establish different types of communities. The may be focus on teaching experience exchange, teaching materials improvement, strategies on how to combine teaching and research , innovative teaching methods, etc. They may use different formats, such as discussions, seminars, experience sharing sessions, or invited talks. The aim is to create a collegial atmosphere where brainstorming, mutual cooperation and mutual encouragement are thriving.
How to apply for a “NTUST Teacher Professional Development Community” project: "
1.Application date: The application can be submitted any time by school teachers; The review will be held soon after submission.
2. Duration of each project: One year from the date of approval.
3. Members of the Community: The community should have at least at least four members , from different academic disciplines and at least half of the members have to be full-time faculty.
4. Subsidies: NTUST subsidizes expenses related to community activities. Each community can receive subsidies of up to 50,000 NTD.
5. Application process: The applicant has to complete the application form (paper or electronic) and send it to the organizer . It will then be submitted to the relevant committee for review. After the review, the applicant will be notified by email if the application was accepted.
6. Activities and format: There are many options to plan a project, applicants are free to choose topics and formats. Activities could be teaching observations, teaching experience sharing, or exploring innovative teachings method. Formats can be reading circles, seminars, teaching material development, or micro-teaching seminars.
(1) If you have any questions for general type , please contact: Ms. Chang Yu-Lin , Phone 2730-1021, email: email@example.com
(2) If you have any questions for EMI type , please contact: Ms. Chia Pin Tu , Phone 2730-1109 , email: firstname.lastname@example.org